A Little Something about Blog Awards
I am learning that blogging creates a whole new community – a community of bloggers who share your desire to share reflections, photos, art, and poetry. Unlike most of my friends on FaceBook, these friends are people that I’ve never met. Nonetheless, when I visit their blogs, I find we have much in common, especially those with whom I share a love of photography and hiking. So at the encouragement of my friend ClanMother, I am accepting a nomination for The Sunshine Award, and will be nominating others.
We’ll see where it leads . . .
The rules that go along with this nomination include:
1) Linking back to the person who nominated you: ClanMother
2) Post the award image to your page.
3) Tell seven facts about yourself.
- I am a Dominican Sister who lives in San Rafael, California.
- We Dominicans are part of the Order of Preachers. I am a preacher, and find many ways to express this. St. Francis once said, “Preach always; when necessary, use words.”
- I do what is called “vocation ministry.” That means I walk with women (and sometimes men) who are discerning their call in life, especially as it pertains to possibly becoming a sister, brother, or priest.
- I enjoy hiking, but don’t have enough weekends to do much of it, but I do walk every morning and workout at the gym three times a week.
- I play the guitar, mostly for congregational (for the sisters) liturgies.
- I play at playing the banjo.
- I love photography and have great fun using PhotoShop!
4) Nominate 5 – 10 other bloggers.
The following are some of the blogs to which I subscribe, and enjoy reading.
- Rachel Held Evans writes some refreshing perspectives about faith and scripture from a feminist perspective. I enjoy reading her reflections and seeing how she wrestles with the questions, rather than simply accepting what is taught from the perspective of the status quo.
- A Nun’s Life is a blog by a sister ( a friend) in Monroe, MI. She raises wonderful questions, dispels myths, and promotes religious life (and not just her own congregation!) with great enthusiasm.
- Canadian Hiking Photography has wonderful photographs! I’ve never been to Canada, but these pictures makes me want to hike the great mountains of Canada. I suspect I’m not up to the cold, however! 😉
- Leanne Cole’s Photography Field Trips site has wonderful photos, and gives some good post-processing tips, showing her before and afters. If she didn’t live down under, I’d seriously consider one of her field trips.
- Calee Photography gets in touch with the beauty of creation up-close-and-personal with her photography.
And, to all who come by here at OPreach, thanks for reading, for liking, and for following!