Skip to content

May the Familiar in our Lives Be Transformed

The following quote was posted on “Word for the Day” from Gratefulness.org just last week.

One of life’s most fulfilling momemts occurs in the split-second when the familiar is suddenly transformed into the dazzling aura of the profoundly new. ”
-Edward B. Lindaman
Thinking in the Future Tense

The familiar clover . . . transformed

Posted by opreach on September 26, 2012
8 Comments Post a comment
  1. 09/26/2012

Excellent composition

2. 09/26/2012

Thank you, Ravi.

3. 09/26/2012

“The wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose.” Isaiah Chapter 35:1 I love coming to your blog – I leave refreshed…

4. 09/26/2012

Thank you. I am so glad! May your evening be blessed.

5. 09/27/2012

Lovely photo and great wisdom. Since I started to follow my new passion of photography, my eyes have been opened to the beauty all around me. What once went unnoticed, now fills my heart with joy.

• 09/27/2012

Yes, isn’t it wonderful! Although sometimes I fear that I may be more concerned about what’s in the viewfinder so as to not simply relax and take it all in. Sigh . . . I’ll live with it. 😉

6. 09/30/2012

I continue to think that the most valid testimony of Christ’s resurrection is the transformed lives of his followers. They had trusted him to be the Messiah, but he had been crucified. Their hope was crushed that day. The were like the frightened women, tongued-tied. Only the actual resurrection of Jesus could have changed them from frightened ex-followers into courageous ambassadors of Jesus. And I have seen such transformation in people’s lives today as they trust in Christ.

• 09/30/2012

I agree. The transformation of anyone’s life is compelling. When other things in life aren’t so clear, the upturned lives of Jesus’ followers, and the results of the testimony of this rag-tag bunch speaks to me.